The KoroiBot Summer School has been held in Heidelberg from September 22nd to September 26th 2014 at the Interdisciplinary Center for Scientific Computing at the University of Heidelberg. The Summer School consisted of lectures and hands-on tutorials designed to give students at MSc and PhD level an insight on different approaches used for analysis and generation of humanoid motions.
A poster session provided the opportunity for the students to present their ongoing work.
The summer school was attended by 26 students, 14 of which came from outside of the KoroiBot project.
- Acquisition, Representation and Mapping of Human Motion to Humanoid Motion
- Humanoid motion generation within the task-space formalism
- Dynamic modeling of anthropomorphic systems
- Offline and online optimal control methods for human and humanoid motions
- Inverse optimal control for the analysis of human movement
- Bayesian model comparison for movement primitive selection
- Whole-body torque estimation / whole-body feedback linearization.
The final schedule can be found here.
List of speakers:
- Tamim Asfour, High Perfomance Humanoid Technologies Lab, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
- Karim Bouyarmane, CNRS LIRMM
- Wouter Caarls, Delft Biorobotics Lab, Delft University of Technology
- Dominik Endres, Theoretical Neuroscience group, University of Marburg
- Matan Karklinsky, Dept. of Applied Math. and Computer Science , Weizmann institute of science
- Christian Kirches, Optimization of Uncertain Systems group, IWR, University of Heidelberg
- Florent Lamireaux, Gepetto Research Group, LAAS-CNRS
- Katja Mombaur, Optimization in Robotics and Biomechanics Group, IWR, University of Heidelberg
- Francesco Nori, RBCS / Cognitive Humanoids Lab, Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia
Registration for the KoroiBot Summer School closed at
July 31st August 15th 2014
For registration, please send the following information to alexander.schubert [at] iwr.uni-heidelberg.de:
- short CV including information on study program and thesis topic
- short motivation
- title of possible poster contribution
Information about acceptance and further registration details will be sent out as soon as possible.
Accomodation is not included with the Summer School. Please book your accomodation as soon as possible. If you need any assistance, please contact us. The following hostels/hotels are reachable from the summer school location in less than 15 minutes using bus/tram.
- Steffi’s Hostel (3-6 persons per Room, shared shower/WC): starting at 22 € p.P. per night
- Hotelo: double (not twin!) room: 68€/night, single room: 49€/night (Booking Code: “KoroiBot”)
- B&B Hotel: three person room: 86€/night, single room: 56€/night (Booking Code: “KoroiBot”)
The Summe School will be held at IWR on the Campus “Im Neuenheimer Feld” in Heidelberg You can find a detailed Venue description at the IWR Homepage.